Groups on the Web
There are a few sources of general information about particular finite
mathematical groups on the web.
- Finite Group
- Eric Weisstein has one nice entry about finite groups with tables,
links, and references. Lots of other good information at this site.
of small order
- John Pedersen wrote descriptions and information about groups up to
order 30 as part of his Catalogue of Algebraic Systems.
The groups of order 64
- This site at the University of Linz has a big (162KB) list of data
about the groups of order 64 generated by GAP.
Mod-2 cohomology of 2-groups
- This site at the University of Georgia lists the Mod-2 cohomology
of 2-groups up to groups of order 64 computed by Jon F. Carlson using
Magma. There is some documentation about the results also.
- Small Groups
- Gordon Royle in Australia has a list of the number of groups of order
up to 1000 based on the catalog in GAP.
Finite Simple Groups
- David Madore lists the name and order of sporadic finite simple groups
and non-abelian simple groups of order less than a million.
Back to my home page
Last Updated Sun Sep 18 20:50 EDT 2005